Superiors: Head of Personnel
Guides: Not defined
Colloquial Names: Not defined
Cult leadership and you!
The chaplains job is simple, you can form and follow whatever crazy religion you want! invent absurd and crazy rituals! Sacrifice volunteers to the eldritch ones! convert the crew into emperor worshiping zealots! so long as your within the bounds of reason and the rules, your basically free to do whatever you want, as the chaplain job has no set duties(as of now). if your successful and loyal enough, you may even attract the attention of whatever deity you follow.
Bell, book, and candle
There's some neat hidden features of the chaplain that you might not know about.
First, the chaplain's Null rod has the ability to transform into a choice of a huge list of religious weapons, allowing you to pick one that matches closer to your god's flavour. They each have different stats, and most are quite robust.
Second, the holy book has the ability to heal people. You can treat up to 10 brute and burn damage at a time by bashing the book on another character's head on help intent. This does come with some risk, as every bonk has a 40% chance to instead deal 10 brain damage, which is very difficult to treat, so use it sparingly.
Some things to do
Due to a lack of set goals, you may be a tad overwhelmed, however, here are some ideas
- Recruit followers into your religion.
- Have your followers recruit followers.
- Hunt down heretics.
- Perform sacrifices, animal or human.
- Pray to your god.
- Hold service with your followers.
- Hold burials for anyone important.
- Renovate the chapel.
- Hunt down holy artifacts, alone or with your buds.
- Tell other cults on the station to fuck off
- bless random water tanks.
- break into chemistry and create a holy hand grenade.
- Perform exorcisms.
- Convert the captain and turn the station into a theocracy.
- Perform an elaborate ritual to summon your deity to the mortal plane.
- Craft ritual gear for your followers.
- Summon and make pacts with whatever entities you come across.
- Create a peaceful offshoot of the cult of Nar-Sie or Ratvar.
- Lead a righteous crusade against other cults.
- Work with the lawyer, sue god!
- pray to the spess gods for divine gifts or holy tasks.
- Whatever other crazy shit you can come up with.